Wednesday 26 March 2008

Well, well, well…

…Three holes in the ground. (as my dad used to say)

It’s been exactly a year since my first post. Who’d have thought it? Given that any previous attempts at diarising my life and random thoughts had been limited to a half-filled in notebook at the age of 13, invariably detailing the angst and tribulations of crushes on random schoolboys from the boys’ school up the road from ours, and abandoned after a few weeks, I think I’ve done jolly well to keep it up for a year.

I’ve come to enjoy posting up odd thoughts here and there, and it’s certainly good to flick back over the months and remind myself of what we’ve been up to. It’s also made me more appreciative of other friends’ blogs. On the Saturday before Easter I met up with some ex-Virgin friends for a long boozy lunch in Covent Garden, most of whom I’ve not actually seen in the flesh (so to speak) since I left Virgin last May/June. But, for Dan and Mark in particular, it was as though no formal ‘catching up’ was necessary, as I knew what they’ve been doing with their lives through their blogs.

My good intentions remain, though others have fallen by the wayside over the past year. I still promise to post more pictures, especially as I have seedlings germinating in the kitchen as we speak and with any luck and everything crossed, the garden will be a veritable riot of colour this summer. If the bloody weather starts playing ball, that is. And I will go back to Body Balance, eventually, I'm sure...

No comments: