Wednesday 23 July 2008

16 weeks

So, just had my 16 week midwife appointment with Marie. Everything was fine, but I had no idea she was going to check the fetal heartbeat! It was totally amazing to hear the little one's heart beating away like that, so strongly. That was one of the things I had a little niggly worry about - the 11 week scan was just miraculous, to see the baby move and kick and hear the heartbeat. But as I still can't feel anything inside me (and won't for a good few weeks yet) there's always that wonder 'I hope it's OK in there'. And it seems it is!

The weirdest thing was when Marie asked me if I was going to find out the sex at my 20 week scan. I said no, we'd like it to be a surprise. And then she said she could have an extremely good guess based on the sound of the heartbeat alone, and was very rarely wrong. Woah. That's some talent. It made me want to find out what she thought - but then we would have to find out for sure in four weeks to stop ourselves going mad. Now I'm in two minds again whether or not to find out!

No comments: